Program of Studies
The goal of physical education is to help students develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to enjoy and pursue a lifetime of healthful physical activity.
• Learning the skills necessary to participate in a variety of physical activities.
• Knowing the benefits of involvement in various types of physical activities.
• Participating regularly in physical activity and understanding the importance of being physically fit.
• Valuing physical activity and its contributions to a healthful lifestyle.
The goal of Health education is to help develop students’ knowledge, skills, and positive attitudes about health necessary to live a healthy lifestyle by encouraging students to make positive choices in behavior and make changes in risky behaviors. to lower health risks
Health education teaches about the dimensions of health as they pertain to topics such as:
1. Mental and emotional health
3. Personal wellness
4. Substance use and abuse